Syllabi for the 100 hour online TEFL course and the 2 week teaching practice course
- Introduction to TEFL
- Learning versus teaching
- The lesson structure
- What do we know about language learning?
- Planning lessons and didactic material usage
- What are the best kinds of lesson
- Classroom interaction
- Asking questions
- How to give constructive feedback
- Testing and assessment
- Classroom discipline
- Teaching vocabulary
- How to teach grammar
- How to teach reading
- How to teach writing
- How to teach speaking
- How to teach listening
- Student motivation and interest
- The teacher's behaviour, role and responsibility
- How to perform concept checking
- 8 hours observed given to non-native English speakers
- 8 hours trainer demonstration classes
- 8 hours micro-teaching (rehearsals and peer teaching)
- How to manage classroom interaction
- How to perform concept checking (did your students understand?)
- How to give constructive and supportive feedback
- How to constructively and supportively correct errors
- How to manage your classroom
- How to teach and introduce new vocabulary
- How to teach grammar, reading, writing, speaking and listening
- How to keep your students motivated and interested
- How to plan a syllabus
- How to design and administer tests
EBC's Online course, students login
EBC Online teacher training
New to TEFL?
Take the EBC Introduction to TESOL TEFL course and find out what teaching English is all about.
EBC's training courses are accredited and accepted by schools and language institutes around the world plus our trainers are highly experienced.
Teaching English overseas is a life-changing experience, giving you a unique opportunity to work abroad and immerse yourself in foreign cultures.
Calle Orense 16, 2E
28020 Madrid, Spain.
(+34) 915 553 975
US Toll free phone
1 888 393 4015
UK Toll free phone
0800 845 6719
(+34) 917 702 112